I understand that many creators were contacted by Mm because they were shortlisted for an impy, but their creations contained things that would disqualify them, and they were asked to change or remove those things. Now I dont know if they were specifically asked not to discuss this with the community - but I think it would be very helpful for creators to know what things Mm are not happy with - because the rules only state you have to abide with the moderation guidelines - and none of the nominees were moderated content, and many are Mm picks.
So is anyone willing to let us know in general terms what you should not include in your Dream if you want an impy, above and beyond the obvious such as infringing IP and copyright music.
I will start with what I know.
1. No tobacco products at all. Even if they are only used by villains, or in packets sitting in the background. Context is irrelevant, just avoid.
2. No imported music, even if it is royalty free, unless you can prove its origin and a licence or proof of your rights to use it.
3. No use of red crosses to denote medical things.
4. No use of real product names and logos.
5. No realistic representations of existing console designs or names, includes all Sony products, Microsoft and Nintendo etc..
Please sign in to leave a comment.